College Guidance Announcements
Tentative College Visitation Schedule (Please see Mr. Frank if you are interested in meeting with any of the college representatives below.)
Tuesday, 9/10 - Rabbi Barry Nathan, Touro - Lander College
Wednesday, 10/2 - Tiana Taheri Hakimzadeh,University of Maryland
Thursday, 10/3 - CUNY Brandon Miller, (Queens College and Macaulay Honors College)
Wednesday, 10/16 Mr. Daniel Goldberg, Yeshiva University
Suggestions for a Fast Start for Seniors for the Fall
- Be sure to register for the appropriate tests - SAT, SAT Subject tests, ACT and APs. (See Calender)
- Assess your academic and extracurricular record - test scores, GPA, and activities, and your requirements for a school, e.g., academic major, large/small, location, etc.
- Ask teachers for recommendations (provide teachers three to four weeks notice).
- Use your assessment in number 2 above to create a list of five to six colleges that are right for you (1 - 2 reach schools, 2 - 3 good fit schools, and 1 safety school).
- For the schools you listed in step 4 identify their application deadlines and essay topics. (Start drafting the essays NOW). Be sure to take full advantage of the common application (See Links).
- Visit schools on your list, if you have not already done so.
- Be sure that you have an appropriate email address and use social media responsibly.
- Schedule an appointment with Mr. Frank.
- Be sure to engage your parents in these steps.